Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Dollar Tree Challenge #2

Not a sponsor

One of the YouTube crafters my sister introduced me to is Amber Riley from This Southern Girl Can. She's an awesome creative from North Carolina.  Her specialty is Dollar Tree crafts.  This past week, she did a simple Independence Day craft that looked fun and I just had to try it.  Here's her video explaining the craft:


The only things I needed to buy were the picture frame and the bag of Styrofoam stars. I already had clothespins, craft paint, and hot glue. I haven't figured out an appropriate space outside my apartment complex where I can spray paint, so I hand painted the clothespins.  I liked the color of my picture frame, so I didn't paint it.  I also had some jewels and metal letters in a box of craft supplies I was given a while back that I used on the plaque.

 
The only things I would do differently if I made this again are 1) I'd paint the inside of the frame backing since the pins don't fit perfectly (she warned about that) and 2) I would have painted my stars differently.  All in all, I like it.  Maybe next year, I'll get ahead of the game and have more decorations for the holiday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment