Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Finishing and Fixing III

Since my last post, I've gotten a few more projects done.

50 for fifty

One of my 50 for fifty goals was to pick up cross stitching again.  I'd cross stitched for years, but when my move to Colorado came up, I didn't have room for any of my supplies or printed patterns.  I did, however, manage to save a few pattern files to disc.  I found a relatively simple pattern, bought the supplies, and got to work.

There are a few errors in it (name one of my projects that doesn't have errors) but I'm really pleased with it.  I learned a couple of things in this process.  First, I learned that I could actually still do this craft (the patterns are small and not always easy to follow).  Second, I learned to check my receipts.  Embroidery floss at Hobby Lobby is 60-cents each color roll, but for some crazy reason, it rung up the set I bought for this project at $1.89 each!  That's a no-no.

More Parties

Jen came over for a make-it party.  I really like the colors she chose and she did and excellent job.

Emily and I went to Painting With a Twist, our local paint-and-sip.  So. much. fun.
Lord willing, I would really like to go back and paint with them again.

Apartment Decor: Got the "stoop" ready for summer. 



A Fun Giveaway

I did a fun giveaway over on my Facebook page.  Congratulations to Janet Butler-McGhee from Talladega, Alabama for guessing the winning number.  She won the latest wreath I've made:

If you haven't "liked" my Facebook page, be sure to go on over there and "get 'er done."  I plan to do more giveaways in the future, plus post more items for sale and opportunities to help some charities.

I made this for fun and it became a blessing for someone.

Apartment Decor and Another Dollar Tree Challenge

I am a big fan the YouTube channel She's So Craftdee, but had never tried any of her projects until now.


Here's my version of the tray:


I bought the three pans and two glass candlesticks from the Dollar Tree.  I constructed the tray with some high temp hot glue and E-6000 adhesive.  After the glue cured, I spray painted it with Rustoleum 2X Paint and Primer in the color "grape."

It matches my bathroom and vanity area nicely, and I have easy access to the items I use frequently.  Another step toward having my bathroom/vanity completely decorated...ah, but not yet.

Stay tuned for my next round of projects, messes, and other fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment