Monday, January 30, 2023

Don't Forget the Unicorns: Monday Mess Making

Along with adding some more stitches to the baby blanket, this week I finished up the tissue box holder that taught me French knots:


I know I've made one of these before, but another occasion made this flower pot/pencil holder appropriate:


I also began an experiment this week--learning to utilize unused, or rarely used art supplies.  I traced out a poppy on three different pages of my mixed media sketchbook.  The first flower was made using colored pencils.

I was doubtful of the outcome when I started.  After all, I was coloring with cheap Crayola and Rose Art pencils that I'd previously used horribly in "adult" coloring books.  BTW--for those who know me well, Rose Art makes horrible crayons, but decent colored pencils. Even though the inexpensive pencils do not blend nearly as well as higher end artist pencils, I was very pleased with the results.  

What do y'all think?

I'm sure that in the future when I upgrade to either Prismacolor or Faber-Castell pencils, I won't have to work nearly as hard to get the desired results.

Hopefully by the next Monday Mess Making post, I'll have completed my other two experiments, and make a few more messes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment