Monday, January 9, 2023

We Three Kings: Monday Mess Making

After teaching seven classes straight at the university, I came up for air and am taking a much needed break until February.  The holidays were full of fun creativity:

This year's outside decorating theme was Grinch.  This most likely will be my decor for the next few Christmases with pieces added as time allows.


 

My sister, Clara, told me about a YouTube channel called The Posh Paper Lady.  This channel features gorgeous paper crafts.  Miss Sherry, the owner of the channel, creates detailed, easy to follow tutorials.  Once I saw the video for the planner covers and gift bags, I didn't rest until I learned to make both.  I had so much fun creating these as Christmas gifts.


This is a sampling of some of the fun gifts I had the opportunity to create this holiday season.  I really got back into plastic canvas and found unique ways to turn pizza pans and upcycled candle jars into festive art.

I even had time to have a painting party with a friend...


 ...and participate in an online painting party with "Nacho" over at Moya Art Gallery and Studio.

The new year is starting off with some new crafts to try, new challenges to conquer, and some new opportunities to share this ministry of Art + Compassion = Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment