Create This Book - 02 [Monday Mess Making]

 

From the Workshop 

This weekend, I finished up a painting I started during an en plein air session at the park.  It was based on a picture of a sunflower I took on one of my morning walks. 

Create This Book

The next prompt I tackled this time around was:

Create a Page of Quotes.

Well, of course, since I've already established in the previous post that I'm not going to follow the rules exactly, I made this page my own. I recently read The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett.  This quote from the last chapter really spoke to me so it gets it's own painting.


Now you see why I use tech to help me with lettering?  When I slow down, my handwriting is readable, but it's never been pretty.  I think on some of these where the lettering isn't the focus of the prompt, I'm going to type rather than write by hand. K?

This was painted with acrylic paints.  For media that I think might bleed through the page, I'm using thin pieces of watercolor paper as the substrate and gluing them into the book. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes 2017 - 27: "Overcome"

Fear the Beak

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes 2017 - 20: "Discover"