Sunday, September 20, 2020

Get 'er Done Art Challenge: Week 2

Week Two

For week one, look here

After such a productive first week, I knew I'd slow down week two.  The first week I had the benefit of a holiday and no class assignments due.  This past week, it was back to the normal grind, plus I felt like nine miles of bad road all week.  However, I did finish a few things:
 
This doily is a Red Heart pattern called "Heart's Desire." The pattern is here.  It had sat unfinished for a couple of months.  The pattern isn't difficult, so I'm not sure what the hold up was.  This was my first time stitching a doily to a canvas. It was stitched with size 3 cotton and mounted to a 12x16 canvas.
 
 
This baby afghan is called "Kitties in a Row" by Beverly Qualheim (the pattern is here).  I still couldn't find a new pattern to work with, so I went back to this familiar favorite.  I used up one skein of each of the three colors from in my stash for a crib sized blanket.  I hope to make a larger one in the future.
 
My niece, Cassandra gave me some beautiful rolls of decorative mesh from Hobby Lobby when I was home for mama's funeral.  I had the wooden plaque and wreath form in my stash, so I decided to make this wreath for my living room.  It will head a photo wall of family pictures
 
I also make some progress on a few other things that hopefully I'll finish this week.

Well, let's see what this week will hold.  See y'all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment