Monday, January 8, 2024

Squaring Up: Monday Mess Making

When we left off with my lest mess, I chronicled my stepping back into quilting by joining a coworker's quilting group at her church.  I also went into detail about our after Christmas quilting retreat on my sister blog (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3).

After taking a break from the sewing machine to make a few cards and start a couple of new projects (more on that in a minute), I picked up my current quilting project this week.  This quilt top requires 30 12-inch squares.  As of today, I've completed 22.  Loving Stitches meets again this Saturday, so my goal is to complete all the squares, curate the layout, and take a picture so I can put the top together during the meeting.  We'll see how it goes.

During my break, I also started a couple of paintings.  One is nearly finished, but the other has just been prepped.  I'm excited about both, but one in particular reminds me of a great moment from last year.  I'll give you two hints:  Bob Ross and the Denver Zoo!

See you for the next mess.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment