Sunday, June 9, 2024

30 Day Art Challenge 2024 - Day 09: "Moriah Elizabeth"

Today's word:


Moriah Elizabeth is one of my favorite "crartists"--that's a mashup of "crafter"and "artist" she invented.  I started watching her YouTube channel several years ago.  Though she creates many types of art and craft projects, her specialty is squishy makeovers where she takes old damaged squishy toys and refurbishes them into art pieces.  In the process she has created many memorable characters.

If you've never watched her channel, I highly recommend it.  Not only is she extremely talented and creative, but her videos are also fun. She doesn't do tutorials per se; she simply invites the viewer into her design process.

 

I still had a few two-packs of small terracotta planters left that I bought at the Dollar Tree last year.  They've been in my craft cart staring at me, demanding to be painted.  When I pulled the challenge word, I decided to take the pots I had left (I broke one of them) and paint them based on some of her characters or projects.

  


Pickle the Dinosaur

Cousin Derp the Dinosaur
 
Georgie the Pineapple Duck

 

Cupie the Cute and Creepy Cupcake Girl

Watermelon:  Because hey, it's summer, and Moriah makes many watermelon-themed projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment