Monday, June 3, 2024

30 Day Art Challenge 2024 - Day 03: "Cricut"

 Today's word:


When I graduated three years ago, I took my graduation fun bucks (plus a sale, coupons on top of a sale, and a gift card voucher on top of that) and bought myself a die-cutting machine.  I use it a great deal in paper crafting, but hadn't made a vinyl-based project in a while.  My Bob Ross bobblehead looked lonely, so I'm dedicating a space in my office area to Mr. Ross  (I'll show pictures when it's done).  Among his many pithy sayings, one of my favorites is "We don't make mistakes; we just have happy little accidents."  I create4d this to commemorate the saying...


I didn't design the die-cut file (I don't have those kind of skills.  I found it on Etsy for a couple of dollars.  I painted the background in acrylic paints on canvas and cut the file on white vinyl.  Everything was from my stash, so all it cost me was the price of the SVG file.  

I needed to repeat Bob's phrase since I had to cut certain pieces out more than once because I made some not-so-happy little accidents sticking the transfer tape to the design and/or sticking the design to the canvas (apparently, I don't have those kind of skills either).  Despite the issues, I enjoyed putting this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment