Sunday, June 16, 2024

30 Day Art Challenge 2024 - Day 16: "Fabric"

Today, we play with...


As many of you know, I've been focusing on quilting for the past year.  As with other crafts I make, quilting produces a lot of leftover scraps in various sizes.  Normally, I attempt to cut up the scraps as I go so that I don't get overwhelmed.  However, that doesn't always happen and I quickly end up with a basket, bag, or box full of fabric pieces. 

I've spent the last few weeks cutting my scraps into 9.5 inch, 5 inch, and 3.5 inch squares.  Some have been sewn into quilts.



Some are in the planning stages for other quilts.  I also wanted to find some small projects to make with scraps that don't take as long as a quilt.  Then I remembered a video that Diana sent me.  I really appreciated how simple the process looked, so I whipped up a few to see if they were that easy.

For me, there was a slight learning curve, but they were pretty easy once I got the hang of it.








No comments:

Post a Comment